Wednesday, September 08, 2004

ASU Preview

Welcome back to another week of my NU football whateverness. Now that we're looking at a string of Saturday games, I'll let you know my usual schedule. Thursday is the preview, Friday is the weather report and the whether report, and Monday is the recap. I'll try to get everything up before noon (hopefully earlier) most days.

There. You know what to expect from me. What shall we expect at Dyche on Saturday? Well, before I get to whatever silliness and interest I can find in my Sun Devil research, I'll state my general view of this game.

*** Josh's general view ***
ASU beat a bad UTEP team last week. NU lost close to a good TCU. Those games don't make a good comparison to each other. NU needs improved rushing, similar passing efficiency, and improved pass coverage. That should do it, and I think it's all there to be had.
*** It's over! ***

* ASU is 2-0 all-time against the Wildcats. The last game was in 1978, so let's not worry about that stat, huh?

* NU had the nation's best passing attack last week: Basanez led the nation in passing. Field led in yards receiving. Philmore had the 9th most yards nationally, and was 3rd in the Big Ten.

Not much news in the ASU football world. What I wouldn't give for another campus-sign stealing story like last year!

* I'm also totally sick of players who aren't from interesting places! Why can't they all be from Stupidnameville? Or at least from Dodge Dakota.

Meet the Sun Devils:
* Loren is a girl's name: Loren Wade (So. TB). As long as Howard is out, I have no problem mocking this name.
* Um: Rodney Cox (Fr. CB/S), Brandon Rodd (Fr. OL).
* I hardly even, et cetera: Baker, Carpenter, Keller, Merriweather, Miller, Miller, Miller, Nenaber, Palmer (what is she? a basketball?), Reininger, Thrower (how rude! I guess it's better than Baker), Walter.

GO CATS!

No comments: