Friday, September 22, 2006

Nevada Whether Report

Say Josh, tell me whether...

...this whole Ken Jennings things has gone to your head a little.
I don't think I'd say that, no.

...you're currently wearing your "I'm special now that I've been linked on ken-jennings.com" tshirt.
Only because my "I was linked on ken-jennings.com & and all I got..." shirt is in the wash.

...you've been able to tear yourself away from self-adoration to think about the Nevada game.
Oh totally. My main thoughts concern our defense. I think they will be able to stand up against Nevada. I like the 3-4 and I hope we use it well to let our LBs make good, quick reads and stop plays.

...there's been any word on who starts at QB for the Cats.
I haven't seen anything, but I think you've gotta start Kafka. Our offense is the most effective (as is any spread offense) when we threaten to complete plays to all parts of the field. That means long and middle passes have to be in the arsenal, and Brewer just doesn't have them yet. Kafka might not either, but at least people may think he does.

More after the jump.

...Nevada's "pistol" formation is the only weaponry they've got.
Actually, they'll also employ the "flash-bang," in which all the DLs and LBs jump and scream at the snap, but they don't actually do any damage.

...any other future opponents will use similar ord'nance.
I'm pretty sure OSU uses the "Gatling Ginn" and U of I runs most plays out of the "pop-gun" formation.

..there's a line on this game.
No. There's no interest in gambling in Reno, NV. But if there were, it would be UNR -7, O/U 47.

...you're still going to pick the Cats, even when they're the dogs.
Aren't you the clever one. Yes. I say NU 21, Nevada 19. NU prevents a 2-point try at the end to keep the Wolfpack from tying it up.

Cats win!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jooooosh!

i need an update with the results of last weeks game, stat! you are my only gateway to wildcat football because my only internet access is through the hospital, and they block all sports websites. they can't deny me josh eats birds though! haha!

so yeah, updates are good and i'll see ya at homecoming.

--yvonne