Monday, September 12, 2005

NU 38, NIU 37

Let me just say that I think if we score 38 points in each game this season we will win quite a few. I would really rather win more like last week and less like this week, but I'll take whatever we can get. I think a lot of people would agree on those opinions.

I think a lot of people would also agree that Tyrell Sutton is a freaking stud. He's now (after two weeks, I know, but still) tied for 4th in the nation in rushing and tied for 1st in total scoring. On a related note, there's a kicker who's just behind him with 11 FGs and 1 PAT. What the hell? What team kicks 11 FGs in two games and only scores 1 touchdown?! Of course Wolfe is probably a bigger stud. Northwes(delete)(delete)(delete)ern will probably be one of the top rushing teams by the end of the season.

Baz didn't have a big game, but he was ok. No picks is good, and his fumble didn't do any harm. Luckily, Sutton was everywhere you want to be. I would like to see NU get closer to 300 yards passing per game. That would be nice.

More after the jump.

I'm gonna keep this short, because I need to do 4 other entries this week, and I need to get them done by Friday morning. See y'all real soon!

Josh's StatWatch vs. Coach Walker's StatWatch
Josh - NU Passing yards/attempt: 6.8 yds/att (better than 6.5 = good)
Walker - NU Turnover margin: 2 - 1 = 1 (positive = good)

Standings after Game 2:
Josh: 2
Randy: 1
NU Record: 2-0

And
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: Tyrell Sutton? So sweet. But I would like to see more passing, like last week. I'll take the 200+ rushing yards though, don't get me wrong.
Cats' D: Pretty good pressure, but no sacks. If we can solidify the secondary, it would free up the LBs to blitz more.
Cats' Special Teams: Great return (i.e. Cole's TD) but the kicking side needs to improve still.

Let's go Cats!

No comments: