Thursday, September 08, 2005

NIU Whether Report

Say, Josh, tell me whether...

...there's any kind of promotion going on at Dyche this weekend.
I believe it is Heroe's Day. Also Band Day. Also Salute to Midwest Football Day. & Wildcat Kids' Club Day. Also possibly Pacific Blue Heron Day, Bring a Salamander to the Game Day, & Beat Northwes(delete)(delete)(delete)ern SaturDay.

...that band day includes the Northwes(delete)(delete)(delete)ern band.
I have heard that it does.

...you've ever heard their fight song.
Well, I guess I heard it about 5 years ago - the last time we played them. But, I had to get a refresher.

...it rocks, or totally rocks.
It totally...hey!.. who let that Huskie in here. Get 'im boys!

Sorry about that, Josh.
...it sucks, or totally sucks.
Oh, it's somewhere between Forward Falcons and Indiana, Our Indiana.

...you've prepared a parody.
Indeed I have. Ahem.

Huskies, you're only puppies
Our neighbors through and through
Puppies, go home you puppies
Back to DeKalb with you
Northern, but not NorthWESTern
The difference is true
You can't get in here
And you can't win here
A sure win for NU!

...a pick, if you please.
Aw shucks. How 'bouts NU 35-27 NIU.

No comments: