Monday, September 19, 2005

ASU 52, NU 21

Another lame game. There seems to be at least one a year, so we can just hope that this was the one and only for 2005. Giving up 773 yards is really pretty amazing. I think ASU deserves a bunch of the credit for that.

The road tripping went well. Lots of alums, most notably Michael Wilbon, J.A. Adande and myself. Wilbon will be getting a brand spanking new NUMB Tenors jersey which he claims he'll wear on the air for PTI. Wheee!

ASU also deserves a lot of credit for having nice people who were great to us after the game. The worst abuse we got was "You guys are so smart!" So those folks were all right by me.

More after the jump.

Josh's StatWatch vs. Coach Walker's StatWatch
Josh - NU Passing yards/attempt: 6.2 yds/att (better than 6.5 = good)
Walker - NU Turnover margin: 1 - 1 = 0 (positive = good)

Standings after Game 3:
Josh: 2
Randy: 1
NU Record: 2-1

And
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: I don't know why Tyrell only got a couple handfuls of touches. I think he maybe froze up under the lights far away from home. The solution is more touches.
Cats' D: Scary thing? The coverage was not bad. The pressure could have been worse. Yeah.
Cats' Special Teams: Cole is still looking good, and Howells has a leg. I think Howells deserves more confidence from the coaches.

Let's go Cats!

No comments: