Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Purdue Preview

Yay for Homecoming! Not only are the Cats coming back to Evanston to try for yet another home win, it's the one weekend of the year when alumni (such as myself) are welcomed with open arms. Instead of being pushed gently (or strongly) away. And a big welcome home to NU coach Randy Walker after his stay in the hospital. We here (which is just me, but still) wish him speedy recovery and hope to see him healthy in whatever capacity on Saturday.

On to the game. Purdue comes in ranked in the top 25 after two tough losses in a row. NU had a loss of its own last week to one of those teams - Wisconsin. So, one of us will have to win. I'd just as soon it be the Cats, if it's all the same to you. I know the Boilers have a great QB in Kyle Orton and a receiver in Taylor Stubblefield. I say that's not enough and that the NU defense will show something just like last year at HC. So let's put that aside and look at something really important.

Homecoming. There's probably a ton of things for students and alumni to do during homecoming weekend. I don't really know what any of them are, so I'll be sticking to the basics:
* Leave work early "because I need time to get ready"
* Chill/eat/rehearse with NUMBalums
* Parade around like a ninny
* More chillin' & boozin'
* Gameday: amaze the assembled CatsFans with marching/playing prowess, Cats Win
* More chillin'
* More boozin'
I mean, I don't really think any "events" or "other things" can beat that master plan.

But just in case you read this because of the football "content," here's some funny Purdueness:
A different -- lamer -- homecoming: Dubler (Jr. CB from Gurnee), Hare (Jr. WR from Arlington Hts), Tranowski (Jr. DT from Wheaton), & Patton and Martin (from Chicago).
D'ya blow me, almost?: Anthony Heygood (Fr. RB)
Maybe not a girl's name, but I mean, c'mon: Fabian Martin (Fr. WR)
Even better than Heygood: Brian Wood (Fr. RB)
and not least: Walker, Turner, Spencer, Sester, Painter (hee hee), Oliver, Miller, Leimberger, Lecklider, Keglar, Grover, Golder, Fincher, Baker (ouch!).

GO CATS!

No comments: