Thursday, October 07, 2004

Indiana Whether Report

Say, Josh, tell me whether...

...NU is favored in this one.
Yes, indeed. I'm seeing NU -10.5. O/U is 59.5

...you've learned some interesting things about the state of Indiana.
I have. I'll save some for homecoming against Purdue. But here's a taste:
* Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.
* In Santa Claus, IN (zip code 47579) --which is where the Post Office sends all the letters addressed to Santa -- there is a college there for department store Father Christmases that awards a BSC, Bachelor of Santa Clausing. The college issues pamphlets setting out rules and advice for its students regarding dress, deportment and
conversation for practising Santas. (more thanks to Amanda for her research!)

...you've learned something interesting about IU coach Gary DiNardo.
You're totally on the ball today! I just found out that the head Hoosier spent a year as the coach of...wait for it...the XFL's Birmingham Thunderbolts.

...they were an awesome XFL team.
Oh no. Even there had been any awesome XFL teams, the 2-8 Thunderbolts were not.

...the Lugers are an awesome team.
Yup.

...
by awesome, you mean last in the Big Ten in offense.
Yup.

...
by awesome, you mean last in the Big Ten in defense.
Yup.

...you're perpetuating the under-estimation of IU that will result in the ApostroCats ultimate demise.
No. I'm telling it like it is. But I hope no one on the team reads this before Sunday.

...you've got a pick.
I've decided on NU 31, IU 17. Which means I'm picking NU to cover and taking the under. But don't forget that gambling is bad.

No comments: