Monday, November 22, 2004

NU 28, Illinois 21 (OT)

Now here's the thing. I think to really appreciate this year in Northwestern football, you probably have to be me. Or at least someone like me. Maybe you are, in which case I congratulate you. It used to be that I would start thinking and wondering about each upcoming game about 12-24 hours before kickoff. But this year's ups, downs, and sidewayses have kept NU football on my mind basically 5-10 days per week. If we had lost on Saturday, maybe I'd be concentrating on Thanksgiving travel plans or the thing I'm at now. Um. Work. But now. I get another week to ponder whether a win will put us in the Music or Motor City Bowl. So, for that I thank the mighty ApostroCats.

Before I get to the other selfish things I want to say, let me first hit on this selfish part of my review. Yup! It's the Randy Walker-Josh Held Predicto-Stat Showdown. Turnover Margin: NU 0 (1 by, 1 forced). Passing yds per attempt: NU 6.0, UI 4.5. I think I win again. C'mon, Randy. It's time for you bring it!

Anyway, I'll have more specific game things after next week's regular season finale. So I'll end here with a song. It's from the Weather Report, but I like it enough to stick in here too.

O, the Illini's season's over
And they're really glad it is
No more games
No more shame
No more sucking when it's raining
But they love it so much they'll be back next year
So I guess they're pretty slow
Cuz, they think maybe they'll beat the Cats next year
Even when we're ten and oh (and oh and oh).

&
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: It could have been worse. It's nice to see Baz throwing some good passes again.
Cats' D: If we could get them to think every play is 3rd and 8 in overtime. That might be nice.
Cats' Special Teams: It would have been a total special teams disaster if Backes hadn't saved their day
.

Go Cats!

No comments: