Monday, November 08, 2004

NU 14, Penn State 7

How many times do I have to call for Joe Paterno's retirement before he listens up? It's not just because his team has lost a million games. And it's not just because they lost a million games for the second straight year. It's because when he's asked what the problems are and how to correct them, he no longer has any idea. It's time to hand everything over to some long-time assistant.

That said, I'll stop complaining about things I can't control and talk about the ApostroCats nice little win on Saturday. Noah Herron...No wait! More complaining! Did anyone else think the ESPN+ broadcast of the game was just deplorable? My major beef (which would be a great Cow Commandos character name): framing shots so that you can tell where the play occurs on the field. Now, I know we can't have the cute yellow line for every game. It's expensive. Fine. Can we at least get camera angles that reveal, I don't know, yard-line numbers or line-to-gain markers? AAAGH!

Ok. End of complaining for real. Noah had a great day, and it would have been even better if he'd been in the whole time. BB had (for him) a great day as well. The short story version of the day goes right along with the Randy Walker-Josh Held Predicto-Stat Showdown. Turnover Margin: NU -2 (2 by, 1 forced). Passing yds per attempt: NU 7.6, PSU 5.2. That's another point for me! Maybe some day I'll let everyone in on the way I score this Showdown...after I win. Maybe.

&
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: Noah + receivers + efficient Baz = yay!
Cats' D: PSU is an ineffective offense, so that didn't hurt us.
Cats' Special Teams: Our kick coverage has gotten downright good. And the kickoffs were ok. And punting too. Just need someone reliable back there on punts.

Go Cats! Beat the Wolverines!

No comments: