Monday, November 01, 2004

NU 13, Purdue 10

Well, ok. I guess since he just got out of the hospital, Randy Walker had the emotional edge in the Randy Walker-Josh Held Predicto-Stat Showdown. Turnover Margin: NU +2 (0 by, 2 forced). Passing yds per attempt: NU 4.8, Purdue 4.9. So, you know good for him. Also good for me, since I'd be perfectly happy if we had zero passing yards and still won.

In other prediction news, I was off by about 10,000 fans in total attendance and I predicted almost exactly twice as many points. But I totally had the proportions right! So, I'm calling this a moral victory for my prediction powers. Oh, yeah. The Cats won too.

Could it be that Homecoming actually has a positive impact on Northwestern's play? Well, not just in the way that you're thinking! I think I've seen us go at least 3-4 on homecoming since I started at NU.

And, just to wrap up the weekend. The Eagles won to go 7-0. I got 0 trick-or-treaters, which means I have candy in places I never knew candy could be. And it feels great.

&
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: I'm willing to blame the wind a little but 11 for 30 is not good with the passing.
Cats' D: Way to be! Knocking out a QB, while ethically hazy, is super-sweet.
Cats' Special Teams: Ugh! I don't know what to say. I didn't like our returns or punts. But the coverage was ok mostly. Cept that once.

Go Cats! Beat the Lions!

No comments: