Monday, November 15, 2004

Michigan 42, NU 20

Well ugh. Now that I'm a couple days removed from the Cats' 20-42 loss to Michigan, I feel capable of writing about it. The funny thing is that last week I would have felt OK if you'd told me that would be the result. But when it was 13-14 in the 3rd quarter I thought maybe there was a chance. Obviously, after that, I found out that I don't keep enough non-breakable items nearby when I watch football. Someone needs to give me a whole set of paper-filled plastic bags or something.

But, to quote my mother, "I enjoyed the first 5/8 of the game." Noah had another nice day, and Baz moved into 1st place in Big Ten passing. I mean, I know that's a joke and Orton hasn't been playing. But it's still cool. No? Also, it was another leg of the the Randy Walker-Josh Held Predicto-Stat Showdown. Turnover Margin: NU 0 (0 by, 0 forced). Passing yds per attempt: NU 4.8, Michigan 5.9. I kinda wish I hadn't won this leg in this fashion. But oh well. I'm also developing a new prediction stat which will be 2nd down effectiveness. I'm not sure how it will be computed, but be on the lookout! New things are fun!

So now for the exciting finale of the Big Ten season. I'm gonna be glad to get off my couch and get myself back to Dyche one more time this year.

&
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: Really not too bad. My opinion of Brandon Roberson is improving.
Cats' D: I just hope that they can all recover from this and call it a throw-away half before facing Illinois.
Cats' Spesh: Often-good coverage spoiled. Pretty ok kick returns. Again, B-Rob is gonna be ok in my book soon.

Go Cats! Beat the Ellini*!

* I decided this weekend that I'm going to make fun of the way people pronounce things. Thus the cheers:
E-L-L! I-N-I! & I-G-G-L-E-S! Iggles!

No comments: