Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wha' Happened: Illinois

I'm delayed again in an airport, so this means I must blog. Unfortunately, it will now be an official tradition, which could get annoying...

The price we pay.

I also don't want to make a tradition of waiting this long after games to review them. Looking back on our nice, solid win over Illinois last week, I still feel very good about our bowl game position and our season as a whole.

Many have said that this was our most complete win; I'm not sure I completely agree. Illinois did to us what we did to Michigan the week before -- they came out of halftime with a much better offensive strategy. If not for critical drive-killers like sacks and turnovers, we might have been in greater trouble than we ever were.

Still, it was a 9th win. A good win. Right? Right.

Yesterday's victory by Oregon helps us, but other wins this week hurt some. We'll have another week of waiting and tentative planning before we know anything for certain, winter-sun-wise. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that OSU will sneak into the BCS and we will get the Outback Bowl berth that we have deserved for the last 8 years.

Let's go Cats!

No comments: