Saturday, September 27, 2008

Whether Report: Iowa

Say Josh, tell me whether...

...the 5th of 12 games can really be all that important?
This year, definitely.  In 2000, our overtime victory at Wisconsin was the 4th of 11 games, and it set the tone for the rest of the year.  That was probably the biggest early victory we've had this decade.

...a win at Iowa would be bigger?
I think it would, because 5-0 would be an eye-catcher for many, although Wisconsin was ranked in the top ten at that point in 2000.

...there's something unusual about the Iowa visiting locker room?
Have you heard? The stadium was built to last, but locker room was built TOO SMALL!  It's kind of awesome.

...it isn't something else.  Something pink?
Maybe, but mine is better.

...it's pickin' time?
Well, if you're referring to corn, I think our avian hosts will tell you that picking time was a few weeks ago.  If you mean games, then yes.

...you're stalling?
OK fine.  This is the first game where I am a little less sure of the win/loss aspect of my pick, and I'm a little because at least I'm 4-0 picking NU winners. The line is Iowa -8, O/U 42.5.  I'm going with way under, you'll notice: Northwestern 17, Iowa 10.

Let's go Cats!

No comments: