Monday, November 07, 2005

NU 28, Iowa 27

Yippee! Everyone enjoy the win and the bowl eligibility.........now freeze! Ha! I just wanted to make you freeze with that silly grin you get while thinking about San Antonio. But, before we get ahead of ourselves, let's remember that the three most storied programs in the Big Ten are ahead of us, as is recently impressive Wisconsin. So, we're gonna have to win our way into any bowl that doesn't contain the word "City."

But, with a quarterback like Baz, I think we can do just that. Those two TD drives in the last 3 minutes would beat any team in the country. And I think our offense can keep us that close to anyone.

I also think (hope hope hope) that we're seeing the major emergence of Ross Lane as a receiver who's a threat on possession passes and the big deepness. I fall asleep dreaming of Lane, Sutton and...um...Bacher, I guess. Speaking of Sutton, here's hoping he steps up in his home state next week.

More after the jump.

Josh's StatWatch vs. Coach Walker's StatWatch
Josh - NU Passing yards/attempt: 6.6 yds/att (better than 6.5 = good)
Walker - NU Turnover margin: 0-2 = -2 (positive = good)

Standings after Game 9: The goal here is to see which of our benchmarks is a better predictor of wins.
Josh: 7 (8-1 predicting individual outcomes)
Randy: 5 (3-3 predicting individual outcomes, 0 turnover margin is not a predictor)
NU Record: 6-3

And
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: See, those last drives are what it's all about. It needs to be about that more often.
Cats' D: The sieve-like run defense give me chills. The bad kind.
Cats' Special Teams: Hey! STer of the week in the Big Ten again. Good boy, Joel. Now, let us never need an onside kick again.

Let's go Cats!

1 comment:

TC said...

I enjoyed the "any bowl that doesn't contain the word 'City.'" turn of phrase. Because I hadn't thought of it that way.