Friday, November 04, 2005

Iowa Whether Report

Say Josh, tell me whether...

...you're over the disappointment from last week.
Yeah, I am. It took until Sunday night or Monday morning.

...you think this game is just as important.
I do. Since we beat MSU, I've felt it was most important to win one of these two home games.

...it wouldn't be better to win both.
Well, duh. But we're past that now, and we need to focus on the potential that remains.

...you've learned any interesting information about Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz.
I have it on good authority that Ferentz is a big stinky doodoo-head. You heard it here first, so if Deadspin or Newsday tries to rip me off, they've got another thing coming.

More after the jump.

...you'll favor us with a song.
So sweet of you to ask!

Informer, you no say daddy me Snow me I'll go blame
A licky boom boom down


Wait wait wait!

Oh. You meant the other song I had prepared. It's pretty long, so it will follow my picks. Spread is Iowa -2, O/U 60.5. I gots NU 35, Iowa 20.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the shucking of the corn
They have outlawed education where the black and gold are worn
And when the game is over, Hawkeye fans will start to mourn
The Cats are marching on!

Although your homes are mobile, your team isn't on the go
We'll be out in Pasadena while you're sitting home in snow
You'll be nodding off at halftime while your band is park-and-blow
The Cats are marching on!

Sorry, sorry little Hawkeyes
When, if ever, will you realize
There's more to life than watching corn rise?
The Cats are marching on!

As always, if I got the lyrics different than you remember, it's because I hate you. Please tell me what I did wrong and I'll correct it post-haste.

No comments: