Thursday, November 17, 2005

Illinois Road Trip Guide

It's back. It's the road trip guide. I'm finally making another road trip, so you get to share in my fun. I've done a guide to U of I in the past, so I'll pick different things here.

*** Getting there is 0.49*(the fun)
The trip from Chicago to Champaign is pretty easy. Take some time to enjoy the sights along the way: The Aroma Park aroma museum - prepare your nostrils for Chambana at this road-side stop; The Illinois state mint in Monee, IL - don't try to spend the money they print there, because they just do it for fun.

***Special U of I fan section
I think there are probably some Illini fans in the Chicago area who are making the trip on Saturday. So, let me remind you how to get there:
1) Get on the expressway of your choice, and drive 80 mph in the right lane.
2) Ask the police officer how to get to I-88 West.
3) Take 88 until you get to Champaign. Don't take no guff from anyone who tries to trick you by saying you're going the wrong way.
4) Enjoy the game.

***Dress code
Just like the NBA, I am forcing a dress code on y'all. It's easy to remember, I promise:
Acceptable attire
- purple
Unacceptable
- not purple

See you downstate!

No comments: