Thursday, August 24, 2006

Josh's StatWatch. Now taking all comers.

Up through last year, I was having a little informal competition with Randy Walker. He may not have known it, but we were squaring off in the Football Win-Prediction Statistic arena. With his passing, and in the absence of an opinion on the topic from Coach Fitzgerald, I am opening this up to all challengers. How it works after the jump.

More after the jump.

Here's my stat: Yards per Pass Attempt (YPA). Greater than 6.5 y/a predicts a win. Less than 6.5 predicts a loss. Last year I was 11-1 predicting individual outcomes.

Your challenge? Suggest a statistic -- it can be on the usual stat sheet, or it can be one you've come up with yourself -- and a metric to determine the W/L prediction. No fair choosing score differential or a boolean like

if WIN == YES
return win

I'll keep track of the results throughout the season. So, bring it!

No comments: