Monday, October 10, 2005

NU 51, Wisconsin 48

I'm very happy with the win, obviously. I would have liked it to be 51-34, but I guess I can't have everything. Having Sutton, Basanez and McGarigle on everyone's mind is a good thing, and I'll take it.

Getting more than a handful of votes in the latest polls is also very cool. When do you think the last time we polled ahead of Michigan was? I think it's a pretty important moment, and it ought to be captured for all eternity. Therefore, I will bestow upon it the greatest honor of all; I will name a sandwich after it.

From now on a chicken and mozzarella sandwich on honey white bread shall be known as the Polled Ahead of Michigan sandwich.

More after the jump.

Josh's StatWatch vs. Coach Walker's StatWatch
Josh - NU Passing yards/attempt: 10.0 yds/att (better than 6.5 = good)
Walker - NU Turnover margin: 2-2 = 0 (positive = good)

Standings after Game 5: The goal here is to see which of our benchmarks is a better predictor of wins.
Josh: 3 (5-0 predicting individual outcomes)
Randy: 2 (1-1 predicting individual outcomes, 0 turnover margin is not a predictor)
NU Record: 3-2

And
In My Opinion:
Cats' O: Probably the best I've seen us play. Sutton remains my football boyfriend.
Cats' D: Same problem as last week, with few 2nd half stops. McGarigle got some nice recognition.
Cats' Special Teams: Interesting kicking strategy. Seemed to work, but I would like to know if Howells can kick for distance anymore. (Yes, I know it was Villarreal kicking off.)

Let's go Cats!

No comments: