Thursday, September 20, 2007

Speak to me from your tiny bubble

It occurs to me that this Saturday will be NU's first ESPN/ABC game of the season. That means that the Cats' offensive and defensive starters will be introduced by someone either directly or casually associated with Northwestern, sitting in a little video bubble on-screen. Who do you think it's gonna be? Well, I've got the odds and I'm taking all bets.

Pat Fitzgerald 3 to 2
Coach Fitz is the obvious choice since he's already here by the cameras all day. If he's the go-to guy, expect a coach joke about how slow CJ Bacher is.






Mike Greenberg 5 to 1
Greeny is a vocal NU alum, and ESPNer, and I can only assume that CFB is next on his list for commentating domination. But who are we kidding? He'd use this time to lord NU's 2-1 start over Mike Golic's 0-3 Notre Dame.




Mike Wilbon 7 to 1
Wilbon is also part of the nice NU presence on the worldwide leader. I'd like to state a preference for him to be the guy this job. Also, I saw him at the ASU game a couple years ago, which was cool.

Wait. Wilbon's the one on the right? You just shook my world to the core. I've gotta sit down.





Luis Castillo 20 to 1
Luis is probably the most prominent Wildcat in major pro sports right now. I was going to use a picture of the o
ther Luis Castillo, but I was worried that the San Diego lineman might kill me with his mind. He can totally do that, you know.






David Schwimmer 40 to 1
I don't really think it'll be him, but I wanted have some actor. BTW? It's scary how many pictures like this you find when you search for him.






Willie the Wildcat 99 to 1
As much as this might be pretty funny for a few seconds, it would get awkward really fast as the announcers wonder whether they ought to fill in the words that Willie would leave out. ESPN has someone on staff who can recognize bad ideas before they happen, right? Oh yeah, I forgot: "Who's Now?"

No comments: