Thursday, September 06, 2007

Nevada Preview

Once again, I haven't really done any research to preview this game. Maybe I'll get on the ball once the Big Te(leve)n season starts. And once I've found a job! Here's what I know, mostly gleaned from the radio and the newspaper:
  • Nevada got clobbered by Nebraska, in large part by getting run over like Wal*Mart greeter on the day after Thanksgiving.
    • Jim O'Donnell of the Sun-Times has a flare for vocab, using "cornhuskered" (spellchecker suggestion: consecrate) and "upstreaming" in his recap of that game.
  • Even with Trevor Rees back, NU probably doesn't have the same O-line as Nebraska, although Sutton is at least as good as Lucky (Nebraska RB).
  • The line is NU -10, O/U 50.5. When was the last time we were a 10 point fave? Maybe for EMU last year, I suppose...checking...yes (unless we were highly favored over Illinois).
I can't really justify giving 10 points to any team that falls only behind Hawai'i and Boise State in its conference. So I'm going with the push (and the over) in a reversal of last year's score: NU 31, Nevada 21. I would have really like to go with 28-17, but this is too symmetrical to pass up.

No comments: