Thursday, February 22, 2007

Two things that I love about soccer

Well, one thing I love about soccer and one thing I love about loving soccer. Got that?

I am watching DC United take on CD Olimpia in Honduras in the first leg of the first round of the CONCACAF Champions Cup. I DVR'd it, so don't spoil the result for me! What I love is that the Hondurans have a couple of songs that they are singing non-stop. Now, that's not unusual for a soccer match. The part that gets me is that they are whistling. Whistling. And it carries through on the crappy FSC broadcast. Awesome.

GOAL! Christian Gomez! CD Olimpia 0:1 DC United in the 30th minute.

What I love about loving soccer is that I didn't have to worry about getting spoiled on this result. ESPN was not running Copa de Campeones scores on the Bottom Line. It's nice to not have to avoid the bottom 15% of the screen. I'm sure only 3 people* at ESPN are aware of this competition.

GOAL! CD Olimpia 1:1 DC United in the 34th. I'm not live-blogging the rest. Or even delay-blogging it. Check the second leg of the aggregate score match next week from DC.

* - Eric Wynalda, Tommy Smith, and whomever Wynalda is talking to.

No comments: