Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Next time, don't narrate my demise

Instead of commenting on Tom's bloggage today, how's about I write my own damn post about getting to work in the cold....

An Open Letter to the Woman Who Drove the 147 Bus this Morning

Dear Woman Who Drove the 147 Bus this Morning,

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot here, so first, please accept my thanks for getting me to work today. I got in a little late, but I expected that since I stayed home this morning to make a phone call.

Sadly, my ride on your bus was not as enjoyable as I'd hoped it would be. Please allow me to give you some advice, so that future CTA patrons will be more pleased than I: Don't tell your passengers that you're going to drive the bus off the road and kill everyone.

I know this may be a surprise to you, but I think I speak for all bus-riders when I suggest that we don't like to see our lives flash before us as we ride down Lake Shore Drive. We like to see Marine Drive (if we sit on the right) or kamikaze cyclists (if we sit on the left) flash before us.

Woman Who Drove the 147 Bus this Morning, your driving was actually quite good, considering the snowy conditions. Also, your advice that commuters in a hurry consider transferring to the Red Line at Thorndale was probably well-headed by some clock-punchers. I'm just saying: Next time, don't tell us that you're going to "jack-knife the bus into a tree" and please don't repeat your predictions of a harsh future when we're churning along the LSD.

See you next time the Northwestern bus deserts me,
JoshEatsBirds

No comments: