Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Healthy Driving

Of late, I've been doing a lot of driving for work. To the tune of about 2,000 miles in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Plus 3 overnight stays in medium-to-small towns. This is all well and good, but it ends up with me eating most of my meals from fast food restaurants and gas station convenience stores. If I have enough time in a town, I could look for a restaurant that might have healthier options, but I rarely want to take the time.

So, what's a healthier way to eat on the road? Are there tasty AND good-for-me things on the menus at fast food places? Are there easily-transportable things that I could pick up at a grocery store before I depart?

I'm open to suggestions! What healthy things do you eat when you travel?

2 comments:

yEvb0 said...

fruits and veggies are good for snacks (hopefully these smallish towns you're in have grocery stores). Some of your nicer stores have pre-made food which might be healthier than fast food. As for healthy fast food options, I'm not as much help there. Places like subway aren't as bad as BK.

Flogistix said...

it interest me a lot to read about your post. . I am on daily diet to reduce my weight. . thanks a lot ..
natural gas compressor