Friday, August 29, 2008

Whether Report: Syracuse

Say Josh, tell me whether...

...you're ready for the season to kickoff?
Let's see. Flag hung in my window? Check. Wore purple for the last several days? Check. Alarm clock set for tomorrow morning? Check. Depth chart and rosters printed? Check. I think I'm just about ready.

...you think the Cats are ready?
Yes and no. No, because I think only the very best teams are ever fully ready for the first snap. A lot of guys haven't taken real full-speed hits, and the coaches haven't called full-speed plays for this team. Yes, because of the many reports indicating full buy-in by the team into the philosophies of the new coaches on offense and defense. They've got to be rearing to go.

...anyone really rears anymore?
Yes. The Cats rear. Then they go.

...you said "rear?"
Grow up.

...NU-Syracuse is the best game on the Big Ten slate this week?
Well, it looked a lot better when it was scheduled in 2003. Illinois-Mizzou is one of the nation's highlight games this week. MSU goes to Cal, which could be good, and Utah comes to Michigan which could be...almost anything.

...you're picking NU to get off to a winning start this year?
I'm going to say...yes. The line I'm seeing is NU -11.5, O/U 55.5. I think we'll win the turnover battle, giving our offense a couple short fields. So my pick is Northwestern 30, Syracuse 13.

Let's go Cats!

No comments: