Monday, January 14, 2008

Terminator: SCC

I have a confession to make: I have never seen any of the Terminator movies. "I'll be back" - I know of it. "Hasta la vista, baby" - I think it comes from one of them, but if you told me it was from Total Recall, I wouldn't be so sure.

Does this make me less of a man? Maybe. Less of a techie? Almost certainly.

Here's the point. I just watched the pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and you know what? It was kind of awesome. Here's what I thought, roughly in order of thinking things:
  • Pretty exciting action
  • Decent dialogue
  • Occasionally funny
  • Pretty hot chicks.
  • John was Claire's friend Zach, from Heroes
I'll watch the second ep tonight, and we'll see what that brings.

I'm sure that Terminator movie fanatics (terminuts? termaniacs?) will have a million problems, but I couldn't tell you for one second if this show fits well with the mythology of the films. If it stays interesting, I've got one more show to add to my vast menagerie.

No comments: