Monday, April 09, 2007

How did I not know this?

As if I needed another reason to root for the Philadelphia Soul of the Arena Football League.

They had the inside track for my sports affections, simply by playing in the CoBL. And admit it, you know that being owned by Bon Freakin' Jovi is just plain cool.

But now I find out that Dwayne Missouri is playing for the Soul! Apparently he's been there the whole time, and was actually the first player they selected when they formed an expansion team in 2004. He's been up and down between the AFL and NFL since graduating from Northwestern in 2001.

With large-field, no-wall, outdoor football -- it's hard to visualize, but trust me, it's pretty cool too -- many months away, this is going to make the interim much more exciting!

S-O-U-L! Soul! Soul! Soul!

No comments: