Monday, June 19, 2006

Lineup for Ghana match

Here's two lineups for the US against Ghana. First is my preference, and second is what I think Arena will do.

My lineup
GK - Keller
D - Cherundolo, Onyewu, Conrad, Convey
M - Donovan, Reyna, Beasley, Dempsey
F - Johnson, McBride

This is really a 3-5-2, but I know Convey has played left back often in his career, including a few minutes before he came out on Saturday. Offense needs to come from everywhere, with attacking depth on both sides. Hell, I'd love to see Chris Albright get a chance at right back.

Predicted actual lineup
GK - Keller
D - Cherundolo, Onyewu, Conrad, Bocanegra
M - Donovan, Reyna, O'Brien, Beasley, Dempsey
F - McBride

This will be a 4-5-1 and hopefully O'Brien is fit enough to fill Mastroeni's role at defensive midfield.

UPDATE: (8:06AM, gameday)
GK - Keller
D - Cherundolo, Bocanegra, Onyewu, Lewis, Conrad
M - Donovan, Reyna, Beasley, Dempsey
F - McBride

A 5-4-1? I guess Lewis could be a midfielder. We'll see Bruce...we'll see...

No comments: